September 23, 2008 12:08 am
I know, ME, the tomboy talking about bling. I may have a teeny weeny bit of girly-girl in me but if you tell anybody, I’ll punch you.
This week I will be celebrating a milestone with my new found bloginess. Friday celebrates four whole weeks of blogging for me. To me, it seems like I’ve been at this for much longer but really it’s only been four weeks. It’s amazing how I’ve quickly become connected to people who five weeks ago were just random strangers. I’m really enjoying this whole experience so far and it tickles me when people comment on my writings. Hopefully I’m not too offensive and can get a laugh here and there. Which leads me to my next topic.
My new friend Mrs Bear over at Outnumbered Two To One recently gave me this award:
Getting this award was flattering and nice and I’d go on and on but I’m not good at accepting compliments so I’ll just say thanks and move on with it. If you haven’t already checked her out, Mrs Bear is funny as hell and you need to go to her site immediately or you’ll regret it. Seriously. Go. I’d actually like to make this one a boomerang award and send it right back to Mrs Bear cuz I love her blog too!
You still here? Oh, hi! I received the next award twice in one week. Who knew people actually read my stuff but I guess at least two people (three including Mrs Bear) are reading.
Katie over at Stray Raisins and Other Mommy Perks awarded me and some other folks this honor yesterday. Katie’s blog is witty and charming and I believe today she even went into detail about man boobs (moobs). Seriously folks, does it get any better than that?
Kiki over at Kiki’s Corner also gave me this awesome award. Kiki is a single mom with a daughter around Graham’s age and I enjoy clicking over to her site to see what they’re up to. Kiki writes honest stories about common parenting issues and they help me stay sane!
And now, I think the rules are that I must award this to (five to seven?!?) other people or a kitten will be killed and my dog will be shot. Pretty harsh, eh? Here are the rules, as they were given to me:
1. The winner can (and should, really) put the logo on his/her blog
2. The winner must link to the person from whom they received their award.
3. The winner must nominate at least 7 other blogs for an award.
4. The winner must place links to those blogs on their own blog.
5. The winner must leave a message on the blogs of the people they’ve nominated.
I’ll give it a shot but remember, less than four weeks of blogging, you think I even know that many people? I’m rounding down to five. Please don’t kill my dog.
1. Heather over at Riding The Short Bus. Heather keeps me laughing, seriously. If you check her out, you may even find a story about her flashing her boob!
2. Jen over at Sprite’s Keeper. Jen can put a funny spin on any situation. Speaking of spin, she’s the organizer of the weekly Spin Cycle I participate in. How fitting! Jen is very sincere and instantly made me feel at ease with my inner blogginess.
3. Krystal over at Mommy’s Escape. Krystal has FIVE children and one on the way. She has her hands full but ALWAYS has a positive spin on life and I need that balance.
4. Miss Jack over at Spyrou Chronicles. Miss Jack was one of the first friends I made when I started blogging. She is very complimentary and boosted my confidence which I really appreciate.
5. Christy over at Heavy on the Caffeine. Shortly after getting hooked on her blog, Christy lost power and *gasp* INTERNET FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK. I clicked over daily, in hopes of finding a new post but there was silence. She’s back now and ready to make us all laugh again.
There you have it girls, you’ve been awarded. What you choose to do with said award is TOTALLY up to you but I’d keep an eye on your pets if you choose to go the ignore it route. 🙂