November 7, 2008 7:00 am
As stated yesterday, I’m incognito this weekend due to a visit from my sister-in-law who doesn’t know about the blog. In honor of all of the grueling house cleaning I did in preparation for her arrival, I’m doing some house cleaning here on my blog as well. Settle in if you want to hear some interesting (and not so much) things about me.
Jen at Blissfully Caffeinated bestowed the following award on me:
I love reading Jen’s site and seriously wasn’t aware she really knew I existed before I got this award. I was shocked and awed and happy and warm-fuzzy. Thanks dude! Oh, and I also snagged this gem from here site. I’m keeping it, so there!
DeeMarie over at My Life In A Nutshell gave me this award which requires me to share six things about me that make me happy. DeeMarie is a daily stalker of my blog and a fellow HASAY member and Spin Cyclist (and cycling really helps shed the pounds, just look at Lance Armstrong). We travel in the same circle and I’ve become pretty fond of this chick. Thanks for thinking of me woman! Here are the six things, look out for cheese:
1. The sound of my kids laughing. I swear, I would kill for those children and when I see them laugh and their evil little faces light up, it makes all of the stress melt away.
2. Being inside of Jamie’s arms. I swear I fit perfectly in that spot.
3. You guys. I love blogging, reading your stuff and having you read mine. It’s nice to connect with people on a similar wavelength.
4. My DVR. I dedicated an entire post to my 3rd child, DVR.
5. Food. I know I shouldn’t admit this but I’m in love with food. I love greasy, fatty bad-for-me food and I love chocolate even more.
6. Sleep. I know every mom whines about sleep so I will too. I don’t sleep enough and even when I have time too, I lay awake with my mind racing. Bummer, eh?
Kia from Good Enough Mama tagged me with the High School meme. Apparently, I’m supposed to tell you seven things that were true about me when I was in high school.
1. I was a goody-two-shoes in high school but I also thought I was a hippie. I didn’t drink or do drugs but I drove a VW bus laden with Grateful Dead stickers. I listened to Steve Miller Band, Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan and Joe Cocker. I once got in school suspension for not wearing shoes to school. For realsies, I wore those glove sock thingies that cover each toe and didn’t even bring shoes with me. WTF was wrong with me? I guess I was a goody-no-shoes.
2. I dated the same guy from 10th-12th grade. I broke up with him and since we had five out of six classes together, I had to see him every day (and at work too). He would sit there and cry and stare at me the entire day and it was the most horrible feeling ever.
3. That guy followed me to college at UCF in Orlando. He was a super intelligent guy who got into his dream school (Michegan State) and chose to go to UCF to try to win me back. I moved home for a year and a half after my freshman year to get away from him. Serious real life stalker. Oh, this was college, not high school. Sorry.
4. I was a cheater cheater, pumpkin eater. I was pretty bright in high school and rarely cracked a book while still bringing home all A’s and B’s. I was also lazy so my friends and I would always copy each other’s homework instead of actually doing it ourselves. Bad, I know..
5. I once skipped school with the above-mentioned boyfriend since we hadn’t done the book reports that were due that day. This was before we drove so we walked the two miles to Blockbuster to rent the movies (instead of actually reading the book). While we were walking, our English teacher drove by, honked and waved. She was off that day taking her son on a field trip at his elementary school. She never mentioned it to us but I paid attention like a mofo for the rest of the year. She turned out to be my favorite teacher ever.
6. I had a key to every single locker in school. My friend had to go to summer school one year and the custodian accidentally left it in a locker. My friend snagged it and when he graduated, he passed said key down to me. I had it for my junior and senior years. I used to use that key to mess with people. I would put dirty magazines in my friend’s lockers or remove everything altogether. I never got caught with the key and when I graduated, I did my part and passed it on to a younger friend. I wonder if that key is still making it’s rounds…
Awhile back, Miss Jack over at Spyrou Chronicles inadvertently tagged me with the following. I’ve been too lazy to think about this stuff, let alone type it but I’m finally giving it a shot. Without further ado, here are 44 odd things you may not know about me. Note: This was typed up while I watched the election so it may be somewhat topical and outdated by the time you read it. Oh, and Miss Jack also gave me this awesomesauce award. It’s so awesomesauce that it’s the awesomesauce award itself. Truth be told, she didn’t really give it to me, I begged for it but here it is:
1. Do you like blue cheese? No, yuck. Bleu cheese tastes like Play Doh.
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes.
3. Do you own a gun? Nope.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Fruit punch, of course. I once died my hair with red Kool Aid for Halloween and it stained my hair. I walked around with pink hair for months.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? More like irritated since I hate waiting and Dr’s are never on time.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I don’t have anything against hot dogs unless I start really thinking about them while I’m eating and I get grossed out. Same with eggs, I CANNOT think about their origin or I gag and have to stop eating.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Don’t really have one. Sorry.
8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? This used to be Pepsi but now with HASAY I’ve switched to coffee.
9. Can you do push-ups? Sure, but probably not more than one.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I used to have a nice pair of diamond earrings that Jamie got me for my birthday one year. Then we had a white trash cleaning lady who stole them. I worked with her mom (who I really liked) and was so scared to confront her so I just let it go. Jamie got me a replacement pair a couple of years later and the white gold irritates my ears so I can’t wear them. Wait, what was the question?
11. Favorite hobby? Blogging has quickly become my hobby. Playing with my kids and watching TV are also up there on the list.
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No.
13. What’s one trait you hate about yourself? I hate the sound of my voice when I hear it played back. I sound like a squeaky valley girl. Eww.
14. Middle name? My mom didn’t give me one. Both of my brothers got them so that tells you who the least favorite kid is…
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. 1) OMFG, Obama just won Ohio. Is it possible he’ll win? Woooo hoo!! 2. The election pizza I just ate is making me feel lethargic. 3. If my damn dog doesn’t stop licking her crotch soon, I’m going to wire her mouth shut.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Iced Coffee and Soda. I should say water. Ok, water.
17. How many siblings do you have?2
18. Favorite place to be? In my bed.
19. Current hate right now? The time change.
20. How did you bring in the New Year, 2008? By falling asleep on the couch next to Jamie around 11:30 then waking up in a haze to see the ball drop before I stumbled to bed.
21. Where would you like to go? Somewhere cool with the kids. I can’t wait until they’re a bit older and we can do a fun family trip. Right now it would just be miserable.
22. Name three people who might complete this: Dunno, you tell me. How much do you WANT it?
23. Do you own slippers? Somewhere but I only bought them to use while I was in the hospital having kids. Don’t wear them on a regular basis.
24. What shirt are you wearing? Purple Old Navy shirt with an “I Voted” sticker on it.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never tried but I would think they’d be too slippery. I like to stay put when I sleep.
26. Can you whistle? Yup.
27. Favorite color? Red.
28. Would you be a pirate? Huh?
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I barely even get to shower. I guess sometimes I have the Barney song in my head, or Pinky Dinky Doo.
30. Favorite Girl’s Name: Elliot.
31. Favorite Boy’s Name: Graham. C’mon, these are dumb questions.
32. What’s in your pocket right now? Scraps of paper I took out of Graham’s mouth earlier today and shoved in my pocket.
34. What vehicle do you drive? Mommy Mobile! Madza 5.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Broken pinky. Lame, I know.
36. Do you love where you live? I love my house but I hate Tampa.
37. How many TV’s do you have in your house? 2
38. Who is your loudest friend? My friend Jeff but only when he’s drunk, which is a lot..
39. Do you have any pets? Two dogs. A hound mix named Chloe and a big dumb mutt named Bailey
41. Your favorite book(s): I seriously have only read maybe FIVE adult books since I had kids and none of them would be considered favorites.
42. Do you collect anything? Fat. I collect it on my ass and my stomach, mostly. Lately I’ve added some arm fat to my collection.
43. Favorite Sports Team? Bucs and Lightning.
44. What song do you want played at your funeral?I have no idea. Really, I plan on living forever.
Oh man, we still have one more to go. Hold onto your britches.
This super girly award was bestowed on me by Heinous over at Irregularly Periodic Ruminations. Heinous is new to my reading list but I’ve really grown to stalk the guy. Apparently I stalked him so much that he felt pressured to give me an award. This is AFTER I blogged about me not having any time since I’m always reading his uber-interesting blog all the time instead of sleeping and eating and taking care of my family. He took me in and gave me some Advil and told me to stop reading so much and put some chicken fingers in the microwave for Graham to eat for dinner. Now that’s an intervention! Check him out, he’s a crazy assed mofo.
Man, that was a lot of house cleaning. I feel like I need a nap after all of that. Good for you if you made it this far…. now for the paying it forward part. I’m not going to pay it forward. I love you all and you all deserve these awards. If you want them, take them. If you want to do the meme’s, do them. I’m not about the peer pressure in the Meme and Awards department, I save all of my guilt trips and drill sergeant-ness for HASAY. That’s right bitches, drop and gimme 20!